Safety, Health and Welfare Policy
In accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, it is the policy of the Board of Management of St. Patrick’s B.N.S., Hollypark to ensure, in so far as is reasonably practicable, the safety, health and welfare at work of all staff and to protect students, visitors, service providers and other persons at the school from injury and ill health arising from any work activity. The successful implementation of this policy requires the full support and active co-operation of all staff, students, service providers and visitors to the school.
It is recognised that hazard identification, risk assessment and control measures are legislative requirements which must be carried out by the Board of Management to ensure the safety, health and welfare of everyone on the site.
The Board of Management undertakes, in so far as is reasonably practicable:
- To strive to eliminate all hazards on site
- To promote standards of safety, health and welfare that comply with the provisions and requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and other relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice
- To provide information where necessary, to enable everyone on site to perform their tasks safely and effectively
- To provide training, instruction and supervision where necessary to enable staff and pupils to perform their tasks safely and effectively
- To maintain a constant and continuing interest in safety, health and welfare matters pertinent to the activities of the school
- To continually improve the system in place for the management of occupational safety, health and welfare and review it periodically to ensure it remains relevant, appropriate and effective
- To consult with staff on matters related to safety, health and welfare at work
- To provide the necessary resources to ensure the safety, health and welfare of all those to whom it owes a duty of cared, including staff, pupils, service providers and visitors.
The Board of Management is committed to playing an active role in the implementation of this occupational Safety, Health and Welfare Policy and undertakes to review and revise it in light of changes in legislation, experience and other relevant developments.
Chairperson, Board of Management